A text cleaner tool is a software program that is designed or used to remove unwanted characters, formatting, or unwanted content from a piece of text. This can include things like extra spaces, special characters, line breaks, links, or formatting marks.
Text cleaners are generally used to prepare a text for further processing, such as formatting it for a particular purpose or importing it into another program or code.
This tool is beneficial for cleaning up text/content that has been copied and pasted from various sources, as this text can often contain many extraneous characters/formatting.
Applications of Text Cleaner
Text cleaner tools can be used in a variety of applications, including and not limited to:
- Data processing or Data pre-processing: Text cleaners can be used to process or pre-process large amounts of data by removing unwanted characters/formatting, making it easier to analyze and work with.
- Website development/App Development: Can be used to clean up text that will be displayed on a website or an app, such as text that has been copied and pasted from a word processor or any other sources multiple times.
- Document creation: Text cleaners can be used to create or prepare or edit documents for printing or publishing purposes by removing unwanted formatting or characters.
- E-book creation: Can be used to prepare the text for use in e-books by removing unwanted things.
- Translation: Can be used to prepare the text for translation by removing unwanted things that could cause issues for the translation software.
- Data entry: Text cleaners can be used to prepare the text or content for data entry by removing unwanted characters/formatting that could cause errors or inconsistencies or mistakes in the data.
How to use our text cleaner?
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to use text cleaning tool:
- Input the text that you want to clean or manipulate in the input text area. This can typically be done by copying ("Ctrl+C") and pasting ("Ctrl+V") the text or content into the tool.
- Select the desired options: Our text cleaner tool offers a range of options for manipulating and formatting the text. You must select the options you want to use based on your specific needs.
- Click on the "Clean" button: Once you have selected the desired options from the setting, you can run the tool by clicking a "Clean" button.
- Review the results: The tool will process the input text and apply the selected options, and the resulting text will be displayed in the same text area. You can then review the results to ensure that the text has been cleaned or formatted as desired.
- Save the results: If you are happy with the results, you can save the modified text by copying and pasting to you document.
Features offered by Commontools.org Text Cleaner
Here are some features that our text cleaner tools offer with complete descriptions:
Features related to Whitespaces
These are all features related to whitespaces that our text cleaner tool offers to help users manipulate and format text.
- Trim: Use this feature to remove any extra whitespace from the beginning and end of a piece of text/content. This feature is very useful for content writing or code formatting.
- Remove all leading spaces: Use this feature order to remove any spaces at the beginning of each line of text or content.
- Remove all trailing spaces: Utilize this option to remove any spaces at the end of each line of text.
- Remove all blank lines: This feature can remove all the empty lines from the text.
- Replace all line breaks with a single space: This setting would replace all line breaks with a single space, resulting in a single block of text or paragraph with no line breaks.
- Remove all line breaks: This feature would remove all line breaks from the content, resulting in a single text block with no line breaks.
- Replace space/s with 1 tab: This feature would replace one or more spaces with a single tab. This feature could be useful for coding purposes. You can specify the number of spaces in the respective input box.
- Replace 1 tab with space/s: This feature would replace a single tab character with one or more spaces. You can specify the number of spaces in the respective input box as per your requirement.
- Change multiple spaces to single: This feature would remove or replace multiple consecutive spaces to a single space, helping to eliminate excess whitespace in the text. This helps you compress your text or content.
- Change multiple blank lines to single: This feature would reduce multiple consecutive blank lines to a single blank line, helping eliminate excess text whitespace.
Features related to Characters
These are additional features related to characters that might help users manipulate and format text.
- Remove all punctuations: This feature would remove all punctuation marks from the input text or content.
- Strip/Remove all emojis: Can be used to remove any emoji characters from the piece of text.
- Normalize Unicode letters or characters: This characteristic would convert any Unicode characters to their ASCII equivalents.
- Remove replacement characters: This feature or characteristic would remove any special "replacement characters" from the text, which are often used to represent characters that cannot be displayed.
- Remove letter accents (diacritics): Use this feature in order to remove any diacritical marks (such as accents or tildes) from letters in the content.
- Remove non-ASCII characters: This feature can remove any characters from the content or text that are not part of the American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) character set.
- Remove non-alphanumeric characters: This feature component would remove any characters from the text that are not letters or numbers. This could be useful for eliminating symbols or special characters that are not needed. Remove all characters other than alphabets and numbers.
Features related to HTML
These are the feature related to HTML. Use this feature when you want to manipulate or clean the text containing HTML as code. Check the description of the individual below features:
- Remove all IDs: This feature would remove any HTML ID attributes from elements in the HTML code or content.
- Remove all classes: This feature would remove any HTML class attributes from elements in the HTML code or content.
- Remove all inline styles: Use to remove any inline CSS styles from elements in the HTML code or text.
- Strip/Remove all HTML tags: This feature would remove all HTML tags from the text/code, leaving only the plain text content.
- Unescape HTML tags: This feature would convert any HTML character entities (such as >) back into their original/actual characters (such as >).
- Decode HTML Character Entities: This feature would convert any HTML character entities (such as >) back into their original/actual characters (such as >).
- Decode URL-encoded characters: This feature would convert/transform any URL-encoded characters (such as %20) back into their original characters (such as a space).
Feature related to Link cleaning
Our text cleaner tool offers features to help users manipulate and format text that contains web URLs or links.
- Remove all web URLs or links: This feature or setting would remove any web URLs or links from the text.
- Convert URLs to Links: The feature is used to convert any plain text URLs in the text into HTML links. This could be useful for creating clickable links or hyperlinks in a document or website.
Feature related to case conversion
These are the feature used for manipulating the cases of the text.
- Lowercase (lowercase): This feature would convert all letters in the text to lowercase.
- Uppercase (UPPERCASE): Use this feature to convert all letters in the text to uppercase.
- Sentence case: This feature would convert the first letter of each sentence in the text to uppercase and the rest to lowercase. Generally useful for content or email writing.
- Capitalize each word (Capitalize Each Word): This feature would convert the first letter of each word in the text to uppercase and the rest to lowercase.
- Do not change: This feature would leave the case of the text unchanged. Use this setting for cleaning code or programs.
Feature related to duplicates removal
Check below the text cleaning features useful for removing duplicates:
- Remove all repeating words: This feature would remove any words that appear or occur more than once in a row in the text.
- Remove duplicate lines or paragraphs: Use this feature to remove any lines or paragraphs that are identical to others in the text. This could be useful for eliminating duplicate content or ensuring no repeated sections in a document.
Feature related to writing
Check below the writing-related features:
- Fix/Correct spaces after each punctuation mark: This feature would ensure that there is a single space after each punctuation mark in the content or input text.
- Convert common shorthand to full words: This feature would convert commonly used shorthand abbreviations (such as "u" for "you") into their full terms or owrds. This could be useful for improving the text's readability or ensuring that the text is written in a more formal style.
Feature related to trimming
The "Trim" setting in a text cleaner tool permits users to specify how many whitespace/chacters should be removed from the beginning and end of each line of text.
The "Remove characters from left" This option would remove a specified number of characters from the beginning of each line, and the "Remove characters from right" option would remove a specified number of characters from the end of each line.
These options could be useful for eliminating excess whitespace or for aligning the text in a specific way. You can specify the number of characters to be removed in the respective input boxes.
Feature related to find and replace
"Find and Replace" is a standard feature in text cleaner tools that lets users search for specific words or phrases in the text and replace them with different words or phrases. This is a very useful feature for text or content modification.
This feature is useful for fixing errors, updating outdated information, or making global changes to the content or text, or code.
Many text cleaner tools offer advanced options for finding and replacing text, such as the ability to use regular expressions to match patterns in the text or to only replace certain occurrences of a word or phrase.
Feature related to quotes modification or replacement
Our text cleaner tools offer options for converting smart quotes to regular quotes or vice versa.
This can be very useful for guaranteeing that all the quotation marks in a document or text are consistent or for matching the style of the text to a guideline or specific standard.
Our tool allows you to find and replace multiple numbers of words, characters, or phrases. Just click on "Add" button to add as many replacements as you need to incorporate.
Check or uncheck the associated checkbox to use a particular feature. Remember to click on the "Clean" button if you make changes to any option in the setting.
You can click on the "Undo" button if you want to undo any changes you didn't like or don't; want.
In conclusion, text cleaner tools or cleaning text tools are software programs or online services that are used or designed to manipulate and format text in various ways. Our text cleaner tool is free and super fast. It is one of the best text cleaner tools, which offer more than 50+ advanced feature to manipulate or play around with your text. And the best part is you don't even need to log in.